1. How do I apply ONLINE?
Ans: Go to the link “How to apply?”, read the instructions and apply using the link provided in the main page.
2. Can I use one e-mail address to fill multiple application forms?
Ans: NO, one e-mail address can be used to submit only one application form.
3. Why should I choose three examination cities?
Ans: Generally, you will be allotted a Centre in the examination city of your first choice. Only in cases where it becomes difficult to accommodate you in the examination city of your first choice, your other two choices will be considered. A candidate is required to fill his/her primary as well as secondary choices, but should remember that because of operational constraints, the GATE committee reserves the right to add a new city or remove an existing one, and allot a city that may not be any of the choices of a candidate.
4. My power/internet connection failed during the application process, what do I do?
Ans: If you have clicked on the “Save” button during the application process, the data you entered up to that point of time has been stored online. Simply login back to the GATE 2015 application website and continue the application process. Otherwise, you have to start the process afresh.
5. You are asking only the SC/ST/PwD candidates to upload the category certificate. What about the OBC (non-creamy layer) candidates? Do they have to upload the category certificate too?
Ans: No. Category certificate is required at this stage only to claim the concessional rate for the application fee. The category of the candidate has been captured for general information purpose only. The GATE scorecard displays the marks/score obtained by the candidate and the category- wise cut-off. However, you have to produce the category certificate to the admitting institute at the time of admission to justify your claim of belonging to the respective category.
6. How do I make the fee payment for GATE 2015 examination?
Ans: You can make the payment during the ONLINE application process by choosing the following option:
a). Online Payment: Net Banking through the payment gateway.
b). I-Collect/I-Connect Payment: Payment by online procedure of State Bank of India/Axis Bank.
c). e-challan: e-challan of both State Bank of India/Axis Bank.
7. If I want the Online Payment (Net-banking) option, how should I complete the application process?
Ans: After filling all the fields in the ONLINE application form, choose the Online Payment option and proceed for payment by following the instructions.
a) Your browser screen will re-direct you to the bank you choose. Login with your Internet Banking credentials and confirm the payment.
b) After confirming the payment, you will be re-directed back to the GATE 2015 application website where you would be required to fill in all the details.
c) At the end of this process, a PDF file will be generated with the following pages:
i. Page 1: Application form with the necessary details of the candidates, like full name, date of birth (DoB), scanned photograph, sex, category (GE/OBC/SC/ST), PwD (Y/N). Full contact address, mobile number, email id, etc.
ii. Page 2: Bachelor degree certificate or certificate signed copy by the college principal (depending on your eligibility status).
iii. Page 3: The uploaded caste certificate
iv. Page 4: The uploaded PwD certificate
v. Page 5: Online payment details like your bank account number, bank name, transaction id, date and time of transaction, amount paid, etc.
d) Take a printout of the entire PDF file for your future reference/use.
8. My power/internet connection failed during online payment. What do I do?
Ans: When you can get back online, first check the status of your payment on the GATE application website.
a) If the payment was received by GATE, you can continue the process of printing the application form.
b) If the payment was not received by GATE, you have to start with the payment step again, to complete payment.
9. My net banking account has been debited (money taken out) more than once. How do I get the money back?
Ans: This can happen if your bank account was used more than once or you pressed refresh or back/forward button of your internet browser. Please check your bank account after 72 hours. Any unaccounted or excess money that was received on behalf of GATE 2015 from this account will automatically be returned (credited) to the same bank account.
10. My bank account has been debited (money taken out), but GATE Application website says that the payment has not been received. What do I do?
Ans: This happens because of some failure in internet transactions (including failure of internet connection at your end). As soon as possible, you MUST initiate a fresh payment process on the GATE application website, and make the payment again. The money that was debited (taken out) from your account in the first attempt, will be credited (put back) to your bank account within 72 hours. You will be charged only once. Any excess/unaccounted debits will be returned to you.
11. My bank account has been debited (money taken out), but GATE Application website says that the payment has not been received. What do I do?
Ans: There is NO option of payment through bank challan.
12. Do I have to send the print-out of the application form?
13. When and how will I know the status of my application?
Ans: You can check the status of your application by logging onto GOAPS website.
14. After completing the ONLINE application process and generating a PDF file, will I be able to change my application data?
Ans: NO. After completing all the steps upto PDF application form generation in the ONLINE application process, you can only download the application form and CANNOT modify the data. Hence you need to be very careful while entering the data. You may also save a partially filled application and login in again at a later point in time to complete and submit the application, however it must be within the specified deadline
15. I have missed to take a print-out of my ONLINE application at the end of my application process. How will I get access to it?
Ans: You can login using GOAPS Enrolment ID and password and take a printout.